Sunday, April 23, 2006

The Realist

It's a beautiful warm day in Seattle. The sun is out, no cloud formation anywhere in sight, and the wind is just right. I'm sipping Iced Mocha at Cafe Allegro in a window seat with a nice view to University District. The speakers are blaring Britpop essentials, Stone Roses and Oasis. I have my laptop open, browsing the web and working on my writing. Words and ideas are flowing fairly well. I've plotted most of the first act of a supernatural thriller (you have to start with your favorite genre). Today is really shaping to be a wonderful day.

Of course, all this pleasantness could only mean one thing: It can only get worse from here.

I'm not a pessimist. I'm just a realist. Although I have to admit, it's pretty bleak of me that I could find a negative aspect from such a great day.

No comments: